Why Choose Wood Fuel?
A Sustainable Choice
Choosing wood to heat homes has often been seen as a liberating lifestyle choice. Rising costs of electricity, oil and gas are making wood fuel a very attractive option for homes, schools, offices, factories, community and district heating facilities. Wood is an abundant national resource and producing wood fuels can boost local jobs and support rural communities. Wood fuel has changed the face of modern space heating and there are many powerful reasons to choose wood:
• Wood fuel can save on the cost of heating. Financial incentives for boiler equipment and installation are available through the Government's Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI), making wood fuel an attractive long term option.
• Modern wood burning technology is very efficient and can be applied to single room heating all the way up to large scale community projects.
• Wood is a low carbon fuel.
• Wood fuel can help if you or your client has a planning commitment to install a percentage of renewable energy into a development, or if you have a commitment under a Climate Change Agreement, EU Emission Trading Scheme or the Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme.
• Both private and public sector organisations have a key role in driving the uptake of renewable energy and reaching carbon reduction targets.
• Wales needs to reach the national targets set out by the Welsh Government to reduce carbon emissions across the board: using wood for heating can help Wales achieve this goal.