The Woodfuel Wales mission is...
To promote the efficient supply and use of wood fuel as a clean, low carbon and sustainable energy source in Wales and the Marches.
The key objectives and goals are to...
• Bring together and represent all those in Wales and the Marches involved with the growth and supply of wood fuel; and the design, supply, installation and servicing of wood burning installations.
• Develop and encourage continual improvements for the growth and distribution of quality wood fuel.
• Educate developers, builders, architects and homeowners on the benefits of clean and efficient wood burning systems.
• Advise, influence and raise awareness within Government on legislation affecting wood burning.
• Encourage the cultural heritage of woodlands in Wales and the benefits this gives the Welsh economy and wildlife.
Creating and promoting a quality assurance scheme for wood fuel, and particularly firewood and logs, is considered to be essential to strengthen customer confidence.
Quality assurance scheme for Wood fuel
Woodfuel Wales is working closely with HETAS to create a wood fuel quality certification scheme in Wales, which will be easy to administer and economical, even for small operators.
This is considered to be an important step to strengthen consumer confidence that wood fuel can be supplied to a consistent quality on a reliable and sustainable basis.